November 14th, 2011
Convert/Transfer Digital Copy movies to Android Tablet or Smartphone
I can’t tell you how many movies I’ve purchased touting “Digital Copy,” only to get it home and realize it doesn’t work with Android. The reasoning behind Android’s omission in the digital movie realm can be speculated and theorized till DRM death but as an Android user and movie consumer I have found this exclusion ridiculous and borderline illegal. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Android users are more likely to actually want to enjoy the media they pay for in a manner that best fits them, not big brother. It seems I’m not alone and Pavtube brings the ChewTune software, the DRM converter tool that converts Digital Copy and other DRM-protected contents to fits for Android devices.
Before conversion you need first to transfer Digital Copy to computer in Windows Media (.wmv) or iTunes video format (.m4v). And here we go with the DRM removal process.
Install Pavtube ChewTune ($29) to your computer. Make sure the software is not compatible with your computer.
Step 1. Run Pavtube ChewTune, drag and drop digital copy movie to the software.
Step 2. Select an Android friendly format, e.g. H.264 .mp4 for conversion. There are optimized format for Galaxy Tab, Xoom, HP Touch Pad, Acer Iconia Tab, Eee Pad Transformer etc. Basically the “Common Video > H.264 Video (*.mp4)” is an universal format for Android tablets and smartphones.
Step 3. Click the big Convert button to transfer Digital Copy to Android Tablet/Phone supported videos.
Some tips on using ChewTune:
1. The software must be used on an authorized computer, i.e. when a DRM movie is playable on your computer, you can convert it, and otherwise the software will not convert the movie.
2. Although the software is compatible with Windows XP and 2000, the Windows 7 operation system is preferred.
3. If you’re converting Digital Copy movies from iTunes Store, better set it not remember position before converting movies. Here’s way to go:
Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
- How to Rip Blu-ray Digital Copy movies to Eee Pad Transformer for playing with Pavtube ChewTune
- iTunes on Android Tablet-Remove iTunes DRM and Convert/Play iTunes purchase on Android Tablet freely
- Sony Tablet S Blu-ray Ripper-How to transfer/copy Blu-ray movie to Sony Tablet S
- iTunes to Sony Tablet S-Convert iTunes M4V to MP4
- Download/Transfer/Copy MKV to Sony Tablet S supported video format